Let's get back to business here!

Coming live from my Saturday afternoon couch surf, my son is napping, and quiet time seldom comes often around these parts.

Nearly a year since my last post.  It was truly unintentional.  My personal laptop charger died last July, and I spend so much time on my laptop at work that during the evening and weekend hours, it quickly became an afterthought while chasing a 2 year old boy.  I do miss blogging though.  It's my creative outlet, my artistic interpretation of all things life has to offer, most times, when we least expect it. 

I am going to jump right into it, COVID-19, yikes, who the hell saw that one coming?!  I mean, 2020 has really has had it's fair share of some bizarre, deeply introspective moments, and it's hardly even spring yet. 

A diabetes diagnosis at 14 years old presents you with perspective, at an age where perspective is acutely understood.  Others have it much worse off though, and I rest on that.  I've had my fair share of depressed, and confused moments, whether via diabetes or life in general, it's inevitable.

I aim to shift that focus when I feel those moments of blah to, ok, where do I go with this?  Why am I scared?  How can I re channel this energy into something productive?  It won't go away, but I can at least attempt to better understand the highs and lows, diabetes pun for ya'll there.

I've run at all times throughout the day.  Pre sunrise, post sunset. Morning, afternoon, and night.  Something about miles clicking off as the sky begins to illuminate and birds chirping really does present a therapeutic filter on whatever is buzzing between your ears.  Finding time for self talk is valuable to all ages, our life is continuously evolving thus presenting more variables learning how to co exist.

Uniquely, I've thought about this a lot for the last month, for those out there plodding through their morning miles, all around the world, relative to their respective time zones, we're all contemplating what to do during such a bizarre time in human history.  Before our day even begins, finding a way to sort through the fears, vulnerabilities, accepting just how fast everything can change has brought life's plans to a seemingly halt for the foreseeable future.  Oddly, ironic to life.  We have plans, hopes, desires, yet, nobody really knows what lies ahead.  Among the unpredictable moments, lies intrigue.  You going to sit there and look scared, or are you going to metaphorically or quite literally run towards and through it?

I do my best to fall back on my approach to diabetes when life gets weird.  Ok, what can I do right now?  What should I plan for in the next 3-6 hours, after those 6 hours, what to do with the next 6?  Everything in life is cumulative.  While you have to plan for the future, you also have to take care of the present moment. 

No matter your political affiliations, what brand of eater you label yourself, where you're from, or what you're offended by.  This life shit only happens once.  These times will pass, eventually.  I can promise, if we're lucky to live long enough, something else will inevitably come our way.  Stay ready, live with purpose, keep moving. 

Much love to all,
Andrew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26.2 Almost Heavenly Miles

The High Country

#FlashbackFriday My last High School Football game & a 558 blood sugar